COST-ARKWORK is a network funded by the COST scheme that brings together the multidisciplinary work of researchers of archaeological practices in the field of archaeological knowledge production and use. The aim of the network is to make a major push forward in the current state-of-the-art in knowing how archaeological knowledge is produced, how it is used and how to maximise its positive impact in the society.
The focus of ARKWORK is on training the next generation of scholars and stakeholders by involving future leaders of research but also high profile experts employed by the industry and public organisations through events and visits to foreign institutions is a key to the longevity of the outcomes.
COST Action Archaeological practices and knowledge work in the digital environment plans to fund approximately 10 Short term scientific missions (research exchange funding) over the period May 2017-April 2018, with an average funding/STSM of approximately €1500 (a maximum €2500 in total can be afforded to the grantee). Please note that the financial support available via this scheme is a contribution towards the travel and subsistence cost of a STSM and may not necessarily cover all the costs. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals with a high benefit/cost ratio.
Criteria for Funding
- The Applicant should be engaged in a research program as a post-graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or be employed in an institution in a ARKWORK member country; ARKWORK member countries can be found at: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15201?parties
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution BEFORE the submission of their application;
- The research subject of the STSM must be relevant for ARKWORK and the STSM must contribute to their aims of the network as described in its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The MoU can be found at:http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15201?
- The Applicant and its host must be from two different ARKWORK member countries;
- STSM funding is a contribution towards travel and subsistence costs, and cannot be used as a salary;
- Duration of a standard STSM: a minimum of 5 working days and a maximum of 90 days, for ECIs themaximum length is 180 days.
- All STSMs need to be carried out within their entirety within a single grant period and within theAction’s lifetime;
- Geographical and gender balance issues will be taken into consideration;
- Applications from ECIs will be privileged.
All applicants must carefully read the funding rules detailed in Section 7 of the COST H2020 Vademecum. This document is available at: http://www.cost.eu/participate/guidelines.
After submitting the application online the applicant has to download it and send it as an e-mail attachment together with the necessary supporting documents (CV, full work plan, list of publications, motivation letter, letter of support from the home institution, written agreement of the host institution) to the STSM Manager, Dr. Dorina Moullou (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “ARKWORK – STSM Application – <applicant’s name>”.
The following information has to be encoded in the on-line registration form:
- the Action number (CA15201)
- the title of the planned STSM,
- the key academic details of applicant, – the work plan,
- the start and end dates
- the bank details of applicant,
- the host institution,
- requested grant (amount for travel and subsistence).
There will be three calls for STSM in the 2nd year of the ARKWORK Action:
|Call||Applications Deadline||Notification BY|
|1st||26th June 2017||24th July 2017|
|2nd||15th Sep 2017||8th Oct 2017|
|3rd||02nd March 2018||11th March 2018|
THE SHORT TERM SCIENTIFIC MISSION SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY APRIL 22, 2018.
THE REPORT HAS TO BE SENT TO THE STSM COORDINATOR WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE STSM AND IN ANY CASE BY APRIL 22nd, 2018.
More information is available at
ARKWORK STSM Contact:
Dr. Dorina Moullou
STSM Manager, COST-ARKWORK
Department of History and Archaeology, University of Crete, Greece Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports, Greece