ARKWORK STSM-Call 2017
We plan to fund approximately 10 STSMs over the period May 2017-April 2018, with an average funding/STSM of approximately €1500 (a maximum €2500 in total can be afforded to the grantee).
Please note that the financial support available via this scheme is a contribution towards the travel and subsistence cost of a STSM and may not necessarily cover all the costs. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals with a high benefit/cost ratio.
Criteria for Funding
- The Applicant should be engaged in a research program as a post-graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or be employed in an institution in a ARKWORK member country; ARKWORK member countries can be found at: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15201?parties (Cyprus is one of the countries)
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution BEFORE the submission of their application;
- The research subject of the STSM must be relevant for ARKWORK and the STSM must contribute to their aims of the network as described in its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The MoU can be found at: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15201?
- The Applicant and its host must be from two different ARKWORK member countries;
- STSM funding is a contribution towards travel and subsistence costs, and cannot be used as a salary;
- Duration of a standard STSM: a minimum of 5 working days and a maximum of 90 days, for ECIs the maximum length is 180 days.
- All STSMs need to be carried out within their entirety within a single grant period and within the Action’s lifetime;
- Geographical and gender balance issues will be taken into consideration;
- Applications from ECIs will be privileged.
More information here: